Friday 7 January 2011

Extract from Oliva Tattler face book group.

  • Went outside for a ciggie in a bar yesterday and was asked to move 'cos the smoke was bothering this woman.I think all non-smokers should stay inside!!!!
    • Jill Swain likes this.
      • Michael Savage Totally agree !!!!!!!!!
        22 hours ago · 
      • David Hale Seems you just can,t win Mick, there,s no pleasing some people!
        6 hours ago · 
  • just waite till summer when they want all the seats outside they want all thear own way thear will be a few choise words arownd Mick
      • Paul Eldred See my earlier post about the sign for outside areas Susan.
        21 hours ago · 
  • Update. Just had a call back from the Doctors. Went like this:-
    Me " Hello!"
    Sister Bryant " Hi Paul, it's Sue from the Bridge Surgery. I understand you're not well"
    " That's right. Thinks it's flu"
    " What are you taking for it?"
    " Lem Sips Max and paracetamol"
    " That's what we'd tell you to do. Nothing else we can do"
    " OK. What about my 1230 appointment for the smoking clinic?"
    " You still have patches left?"
    " Yes, you gave me a month's supply just before Xmas"
    " Just carry on as you were then and book another appointment when you're better"
    " You don't want to see me?"
    " Absolutely not! I've got enough people coughing and spluttering over me as it is. I don't want your bugs as well ! Phone for another appointment when you've shaken it off. Bye! "

    And THAT! just about sums up the NHS! lol
      • Paul Eldred I am flat out, and I'm damn sure I have got it " Nurse Jill". But since I'm not anymore qualified to diagnose it than YOU are, I thought it might be an idea for somebody in the medical profession to have a look at me. House calls are something of an alien concept over here unless it's to sign a death certificate so I felt a trip to the surgery was called for. I wasn't expecting to be welcomed with open arms but I wasn't expecting " Stay the hell away!!!" either.
        Wednesday at 17:07 · 
  • NHS versus Spanish Health System
    For years many of us who lived in Spain had nothing but praise for their health care, despite the paperwork involved. Just to bring that into perspective here's A conversation I had this morning on the pone to my local doctors surgery.

    "Bridges surgery. Can I help you?"
    Me- " Yes please, I have an appointment and 1230 at the anti smoking clinic and wondered if I can see a doctor at the same time. Kill 2 birds so to speak."
    " What seems to be the problem?"
    " I was sent home from work last night. Think It's the flu. I feel Orrible"
    " Oh, well I think Sue from the clinic will prescribe but I think you should cancel that appointment"
    " Why?"
    " Well we prefer you not to come into the surgery if you're ill."
    " You record these calls for training and records purposes don't you? I suggest you play that last sentence back and take note of what a STUPID statement that was!!!"
    " Well I'll get Sue to ring you about your 1230 as soon as she gets in. Goodbye!"

    I'm sat here waiting for the next installment!
  • My friend who had a pub in the UK said all those people that said they would come in moor if it was not as smokey ,,, well they did not come in because thear was no ambiancs well she had to close all her savings gone ### and she did not smoke !!!!!
    • Caroline Goose and 2 others like this.
      • Jill Swain About 50 pubs close every week because not enough people are going in, you're right, the complainers just don't go out at all.
        Tuesday at 00:33 · 
  • Amigo's Bar would like to say that they are now doing holidays by the sea with their own beach
  • yes it's great not having to clean the ashtrays,even though i smoke, it's still good. When I said scandal I don't mean anything malicouse just humerous *don't know if i spelt that right but you get what i mean* I'm sure there's lots of people who have some very funny stories to tell, so lets get writing. x x x
    • John Payne Swindon likes this.
      • Christie Olliver Well my dad was the first one to smoke in Magnums today!! typical!!! The bar just doesn't look the same with no ashtrays, lol but makes life alot easier!! & we will smell great too! :) xx
        03 January at 00:27 ·  ·  1 person
      • Jill Swain You'll have to put him outside, if you get caught it'll cost! Like it or not, it applies to everyone!
        03 January at 16:58 · 
  • happy New Year everyone haven't had a chance to get on before now !
  • I see the authorities have got round to enforcing the no smoking rule at long last. So here's a suggestion on behalf of all of us smokers for all you bar owners over there. Place a notice in your outside seating area which says--

    ALL YOU ANTI-SMOKING BASTARDS THAT HAVE FORCED US TO GO OUTSIDE FOR A CIGGY IN THE WINTER- STAY OUT OF OUR F******G SEATS IN THE SUMMER!!!!!!
  • No smoking in the street, pardon me!
  • No smoking please
  • I agree too, went out for the first time yesterday after a week of snots and noticed how clean and airy the bar was, i used to be smoker so am not a preacher, but it is certainly better, hope it lasts, but also hope the bars do not suffer too much, it is a difficult situation.
  • afternoon ev 1 well first no smoking day in spain, it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be, but then when i'm busy I don't have time to smoke anyway, saving so much money will be going on holiday again at this rate. Hope ev 1 has got over new year's eve, and are all fit and well, lots of walking in this wonderful weather. Any body know any scandals, don't have to name names just a little description will do, let's spice this january up a little. …
    ____________________
    Pour visualiser correctement ce message, cliquez ici:http://www.facebook.com/bandoofree [e2107,69470.gif,bye,0]
    Surprise your Facebook Friends with tons of cool Smilies and amazing animated Winks! Totally FREE! Bandoo is a NEW and improved way to express yourself on Windows Live Messenger, Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail and more. Now you can use Bandoo also on Facebook!
    Page: 9,551 people like this.
    • Jill Swain likes this.
      • Rebecca Wey I am loving not having to clean ashtrays all day!!! As for scandal, dont know any, sorry!!!!
        02 January at 20:24 ·  ·  1 person
  • I agree with Sue!!! Money don't buy happiness. BUT!!!! It lets you look for it in a hell of a lot more, and much nicer places!!
  • well this site is not doing to well at the moment i;m sure there;s lots of things going on out there that we all want to know about, so come on everyone express yourselves and lets get this thing of the ground. wishing you all a very happy 2011, health wealth and happiness for all, as someone said to me last night f..k the happiness bring on the wealth, but money can't buy everything, so lets stick with the happiness. love susan amigos
  • Here is the new blog site this will be the next best thing to the Viz:http://olivatattler.blogspot.com/
    Be the first to join, vent your splean.
    olivatattler.blogspot.com
  • John Scullion changed the group profile picture.
  • Mike is free and intends to stay that way. This group done a fantastic job in raising awareness for Mike's cause. However the job is done and this group page will close on Monday 13th December 2010. At that time a new group will open called 'Oliva Tattle'. The idea is to give vent to anything that is on your mind about the happenings in Oliva and surrounding area. (Darts, Piss heads, fund raisers, Gossip Column etc) You can opt in or out of the group in the normal way. If you would like to be an administrator or column writer just ask.
      • Paul Eldred You ain't gonna get to hear it from where you are John and neither am I! Glad to stay enrolled myself and in touch with what's happening in my old stomping ground be it funny or controversial.
        11 December 2010 at 12:29 · 
      • Rebecca Wey I wanna be admin, LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        11 December 2010 at 18:05 · 
  • This is how it's done.
    It is a slow day in a damp little Irish town. The rain is beating down and the streets are deserted. Times are tough, everybody is in debt and everybody lives on credit. On this particular day a rich German tourist is driving through the town, stops at the local hotel and lays a €100 note on the desk, telling the hotel owner he wants to inspect...
    See more
    • Kymmie Fackrell likes this.
      • Lynn Capon brilliant idea :)
        11 December 2010 at 00:40 · 
      • David Walsh bit wierd reading jokes on "free mike savage"
        11 December 2010 at 02:35 · 
  • Just for Lynn
    It's late fall and the Indians on a remote reservation in South Dakota asked their new chief if the coming winter was going to be cold  or mild.  

     Since he was a chief in a modern society, he had never been taught the old secrets. When he looked at the sky, he couldn't tell what the winter was going to be like. 

     Nevertheless, to be on th...
    See more
  • Oh boy
    A rabbit walks into a pub and says to the barman, 'Can I have a pint of beer, and a Ham and Cheese Toastie?
    The barman is amazed, but gives the rabbit a pint of beer and a ham and cheese toastie.
    The rabbit drinks the beer and eats the toastie. He then leaves.

    The following night the rabbit returns and again asks for a pint of beer, and a Ham and...
    See more





No comments:

Post a Comment